This article discusses Microsoft® 's Windows® 7 operating system and how Engineered Software products interact with it.
PIPE-FLO® (2009a, 2009, 2007a, 2007), PUMP-FLO™ (10, 9) and Flow of Fluids (2009a, 2009, 2007a, 2007) work under the Windows 7 operating system with the exceptions listed below.
PIPE-FLO 2009a and 2009, Flow of Fluids 2009a and 2009 and PUMP-FLO 10 will work in all Windows 7 versions except Home Basic or Home Premium.
PIPE-FLO 2007a and 2007, Flow of Fluids 2007a and 2007 will run on Windows 7 versions except Home Basic or Home Premium; however we have identified certain compatibility issues.
On 64 bit versions of Windows 7 you may have to manually install the Hardware Key Driver on standalone versions of PIPE-FLO and Flow of Fluids. If Windows 7 doesn't recognize the USB hardware key then check your security settings for USB ports. If your computer is on a domain then contact your IT department for help in checking the setting.
Older versions will need to update drivers etc. before they will run:
- The Print to PDF function requires the download of an updated driver for Windows 7. You can download the PDF driver from PDF Printer Driver for Windows Vista/Windows 7 or Later.
- The Verification Key drivers that were installed with version 2005 or earlier of PIPE-FLO and Flow of Fluids are not Windows 7 compatible; users need to install the new driver which can be found in Updating Hardware Key Driver (Superpro USB). Until the driver is updated, Windows 7 will not recognize the hardware key and the program will not run.
- Because the user's "My Documents" path has been renamed in Windows 7 to "Libraries\Documents," there are potential issues regarding the data files. If your copy of Windows 7 is not upgraded to the latest patches you may encounter problems installing older versions.
- Users who had earlier versions (2005 or earlier) installed prior to updating to Windows 7 may be unable to locate the previously installed data tables and piping projects. This can be corrected by browsing to the "Documents" path on the "Tools"/"Preferences" screen.
- The print select button for printing in PIPE-FLO may not appear in the dialogue box. The workaround is to select the printer you want to use by using the Windows 7 printer selection prior to using PIPE-FLO.
- The X-Link add-on for PIPE-FLO requires some additional steps to install correctly in Windows 7. Follow the steps below to setup X-Link.
- During the installation of PIPE-FLO you need to allow the registry editor to run (A UAC warning box will appear). You may get additional dialog boxes, accept them and continue with the installation.
- After the installation is finished, run PIPE-FLO once then close it.
- If you have version 2007a, browse your media to locate the X-Link folder and run the "setup.exe" file. If you have version 2007 or older, you can download the X-Link setup from this link: http://eng-software.com/tempfiles/Products/XLINK.zip. This will setup your X-Link feature correctly for Windows 7.
Versions of PIPE-FLO older than version 2004, besides providing updated drivers, are not supported in Windows 7.