All standalone licenses require a USB License key to operate PIPE-FLO (network enterprise licenses no longer use a USB key). Installing PIPE-FLO requires administrative permissions. If you do not have the 'Run as administrator' option, please contact you company's IT Admin.
Installing a New PIPE-FLO Version 12
If you have a USB License Key Dongle, do NOT plug in the USB License Key until the installation is complete.
- Login to your computer as a User with administrative privileges.
- If you have a Standalone License, ensure your USB License Key is NOT plugged in.
- Downloaded the latest PIPE-FLO Media Files: http://eng-software.com/technet/upgrade/default.aspx.
- Locate your PIPE-FLO Setup installer, named ’PIPE-FLO Professional 12 Setup.exe’
- Copy ’PIPE-FLO Professional 12 Setup.exe’ to your desktop.
- Right-click ’PIPE-FLO Professional 12 Setup.exe’
- A context menu should pop-up, in that menu select ’Run as administrator’
If you do not have the ’Run as administrator’ option, please contact your company’s IT Administrator to give you access to this.
- Follow the steps in the setup wizard. Select Retail Installation.
PLEASE NOTE: The installer wizard will pop-up two installer windows during this process which may also activate your UAC windows twice. This is expected! Please accept any UAC warnings and continue installing PIPE-FLO.
- After installing PIPE-FLO, you may now plug in your USB License Key if you have one. Then wait for key USB License Key drivers to automatically install.
- Your installation is now complete. You may proceed to start PIPE-FLO.
ADVANCED USERS ONLY:
Installing PIPE-FLO Using a Silent Installation
It is possible to install PIPE-FLO to all client workstations from the server by using the command line tool. To utilize a command line install, open a command window and browse to your PIPE-FLO disc or Downloaded Media Files. To install in Silent Mode, execute the following:
To install in Silent Mode, execute the following command:
YourInstallerLocation\PIPE-FLO Professional 12 Setup.exe /S
To install into a Specific Directory, execute the following command:
YourInstallerLocation\PIPE-FLO Professional 12 Setup.exe /D=DestinationPath
To install in Silent Mode AND into a Specific Directory, execute the following command:
YourInstallerLocation\PIPE-FLO Professional 12 Setup.exe /S /D=DestinationPath
PLEASE NOTE: The parameter order matters. If you choose to do both modes, the /S parameter must be first and the /D parameter must be second.
The previous commands are case and space sensitive! Make sure that you capitalize your parameters properly, and do not put quotes around your command even if it contains spaces.