Modeling a Pipe Vertex
by Engineered Software, Inc.
The vertex is only graphical and allows the user to change direction withing a single pipeline.
Often it is necessary to add or remove a vertex from a pipeline. With PIPE-FLO® you can add and remove vertices from pipelines on the FLO-Sheet
Adding a Vertex
To add a vertex to a pipeline on the FLO-Sheet:
- For version 12 and above, press down and hold the Shift Key ( Ctrl Key in v2009 and below ).
- Select the pipeline on the FLO-Sheet at the location to add the vertex.
- Drag the mouse to the location for the new vertex.
- Release the mouse and Shift Key or Ctrl Key.
Figure 1. Shows how to add a vertex to a pipeline.
Removing a Vertex
To remove a vertex from a pipeline on the FLO-Sheet:
- Move the pipeline vertex so as to make the pipe segment with two arrowheads in series.
- Select the second arrowhead in the pipeline segment (the one that is being removed) and drag it on top of the first arrowhead
Figure 2. Shows how to remove a vertex from a pipeline.