The typical piping system has a large number of design documents associated with it that support and document the system design. Often these documents are available in electronic form on a Local Area Network (LAN) or the Internet.
Using the Link feature you can immediately access these key design documents with a mouse click. You can also set up Links to provide access to other programs needed to operate a piping system, such as a CAD program, maintenance management program, or document control software.
Version 12 and Above
To add a Link to a Device:
- Select the device on the FLO-Sheet.
- In the Property Grid, scroll down to the Notes section.
- Click the Notes field to open the Editor dialog box.
- Click the Edit tab.
- Enter the desired text:
- Select the words to include in the link.
to open the Hyperlink dialog box.
- Type in the desired URL or file path.
- Click to close the Hyperlink dialog box.
- Click the View tab to view the Note and Link.
- Click the hyperlink that was created to open the web page (if you have internet access).
- Click to close the Editor dialog box.
- There is now an asterisk (*) to the left of the first line of text for the device indicating that it has a Note and Link.